Our Environmental Policy
Quinta do Quetzal – Sociedade Agrícola Lda., in terms of environmental responsibility, is committed to the following:
- Identifies and prevents any risk of pollution arising from the execution of any of its activities, products and/or services;
- Respects and complies with all environmental laws and regulations that apply to its business, industrial and commercial reality;
- Reduces the negative impact of current activities, products and services on the environment;
- Promotes the involvement of its employees in environmental issues, providing adequate support and training;
- Make sure that the companies you subcontract are aware of this environmental policy and that they are following it.
At Quinta do Quetzal we have simple yet well-defined values that we want to ensure are present in all the products we produce:
- All our products must be as “friendly” to the environment as possible;
- Our products must be safe for our customers as well as the environment;
- Our products are tested and accredited to the most demanding international standards;
- Being “green” should not only be reflected in our products – our way of life!
We do our best so that our products:
- They are made from biological and biodegradable materials whenever possible;
- They are not dangerous for the environment.
Since its inception, Quinta do Quetzal has strived to ensure that its facilities would be as “friendly” to the environment as possible:
- We use air conditioning systems with certified energy efficiency class A+;
- Our winery uses a system that uses the force of gravity to condition the grapes in the different vats and warehouses;
- We use energy-efficient lighting;
- We use the latest technology in thermal insulation, climate control and air conservation to ensure we meet the EU Building Emissions Rate (2008).